By Rob White
Preview of The Third Man (BFI Film Classics) PDF
Best Film Criticism books
Initially released in Paris, it is a choice of Hollywood's darkest and top saved secrets and techniques from the pen of Kenneth Anger, a former baby motion picture actor who grew as much as develop into one in every of America's major underground film-makers.
A useful set of career-length interviews with the German genius hailed by way of François Truffaut as "the most crucial movie director alive"Most of what we have heard approximately Werner Herzog is unfaithful. The sheer variety of fake rumors and downright lies disseminated in regards to the guy and his motion pictures is really superb.
Here's a secret: in 1939, while the Hollywood Studio process, on the height of its strength, produced such motion pictures as long past with the Wind, Ninotchka, Stagecoach, The Wizard of oz., Mr. Smith is going to Washington, and Wuthering Heights, the films' number-one box-office allure used to be no longer Gable, Garbo, Wayne, Garland, Stewart, or Olivier.
- The Wizard of Oz (2nd Edition) (BFI Film Classics)
- Farber on Film: The Complete Film Writings of Manny Faber: A Special Publication of the Library of America
- Houses of Noir: Dark Visions from Thirteen Film Studios
- WR: Mysteries of the Organism (BFI Modern Classics)
- Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari (BFI Film Classics)
- Mike Leigh (Contemporary Film Directors)
Extra resources for The Third Man (BFI Film Classics)