By Martin Fowler
Whilst rigorously chosen and used, Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) may perhaps simplify advanced code, advertise powerful communique with consumers, increase productiveness, and unclog improvement bottlenecks. In Domain-Specific Languages, famous software program improvement professional Martin Fowler first offers the knowledge software program execs have to make a decision if and while to make use of DSLs. Then, the place DSLs turn out compatible, Fowler offers powerful concepts for development them, and courses software program engineers in selecting the best techniques for his or her functions.
This book’s thoughts could be applied with newest object-oriented languages; the writer presents a variety of examples in Java and C#, in addition to chosen examples in Ruby. anyplace attainable, chapters are geared up to be self-standing, and such a lot reference themes are provided in a well-known styles structure.
Armed with this wide-ranging e-book, builders may have the information they should make very important judgements approximately DSLs—and, the place acceptable, achieve the numerous technical and company advantages they provide.
The themes coated include:
• How DSLs evaluate to frameworks and libraries, and while these possible choices are sufficient
• utilizing parsers and parser turbines, and parsing exterior DSLs
• knowing, evaluating, and selecting DSL language constructs
• picking out even if to exploit code new release, and evaluating code new release strategies
• Previewing new language workbench instruments for developing DSLs